Economic and political analyses focusing on the Inland Empire.
Note: Full publication in pdf may also be accessed by clicking on the issue title.
Individual articles, in blue, are in pdf and may be downloaded.
2022 Spring Inland Empire Outlook – IE Covid Recovery Spending
Covid Recovery Spending | Covid, Maternal Employment and AB131 | Inclusionary Housing Ordinances and Housing Production | Variable Attitudes on Housing Market Regulation
2018 Fall Inland Empire Outlook – Decision 2018
– Video Voter Series: A Guide to California Ballot Measures | Time Served in State Prisons for Serious Offenses: 1981-2009 | Proposition 64 in SoCal | IE Job Market Snapshot
2018 Spring Inland Empire Outlook – Trends and Challenges
– Amazon in the Inland Empire | Vergara v. California: Educational Equality in CA | Poverty and Special Education Placement | California’s $15 Minimum Wage
2017 Spring Inland Empire Outlook – We Remember
– California’s Many and Varied Attacks | A Coordinated Response: Law Enforcement Response to the San Bernardino Attack | Emergency Medical Response | Legislative Responses to Terrorism: California’s History
2016 Fall Inland Empire Outlook – Decision 2016
– A Guide to California Ballot Measures | Local Control Funding Formula | Employment in the Inland Empire | Prop 58 and Bilingual Education | Robust Renewables
2015 Spring Inland Empire Outlook – Inland Innovation
–Body Cameras | Six Degrees of (State) Separation | Human Capital Index for the IE | Riverside Renaissance
2014 Fall Inland Empire Outlook – Inland Empire Challenges
– San Bernardino: Two Years into Bankruptcy | Ignition… Lift Off? | Tough Start for IE’s Newest Cities | Continued Recovery or the Next Recession?
2014 Spring Inland Empire Outlook – Big Changes for Corrections
– Prison Realignment | Recovery Gap | Life is a Crowded Highway | Water in the IE
2013 Fall Inland Empire Outlook – Clouds on the Horizon
– Pension Liabilities | Raising Minimum Wages and Teens | Stuck in Second Gear | Colton Crossing: Public-Private Partnerships
2012 Fall Inland Empire Outlook – Sober News from San Bernardino
– Municipal Bankruptcy | Real GDP at MSA Level | Housing Market Signs of Recovery | Changes in the Air at ONT | Council of Governments: SANBAG and SCAG
2012 Spring Inland Empire Outlook – Solid Employment Gains
– IE Strikes Back (Economic Development) | Effective Councils of Government in the IE | Professional Football in SoCal? | Coachella Valley: Municipal Revenue Uptick
2011 Fall Inland Empire Outlook – Waiting For Recovery
– Unemployment | 2010 Census | New Maps, Big Changes | Great Recession: Not So Great Recovery | Contract Cities: An Alternative Model
2011 Spring Inland Empire Outlook – Working Toward A Recovery
– ONT: in Crisis and at a Crossroads | First Look at IE Census | Great Recession’s Impact | Renewable Energy’s Future | Redevelopment Authorities Under Fire | Stagnation and Recovery of the Housing Market
2010 Fall Inland Empire Outlook – Rebuilding After The Recession
– Great Recession: Toll on IE Jobs | How Exports Can Revive the IE Economy | New Medical School | IE District Poised to Elect Tea Party Candidate?
2010 Spring Inland Empire Outlook – Looking To The Long Term
– Economic Indicators | Riverside-An Innovative ‘Capital City’ | Trends in Commercial Real Estate | Recent Trends in Logistics | Agua Caliente Seeks to Diversify | IE State Legislative Races in 2010
2010 Winter Inland Empire Outlook – A Time Of Crisis And Of Promise
– Unemployment in the Great Recession | IE’s Macroeconomics | Housing Crisis Continues | Trade Gateway of SoCal | Ontario: The New Urban Center | Increased Population Means More Reps | Congressional Races to Watch in 2010 | Cost of (Census) Undercount