Economic and political analyses focusing on the Inland Empire.
Note: Full publication can be accessed by clicking on the issue title.
Individual articles in blue are in pdf and may be downloaded. These were written by Rose Institute research assistants.
2018 Fall Inland Empire Outlook – Decision 2018
– Video Voter Series: A Guide to California Ballot Measures | Time Served in State Prisons for Serious Offenses: 1981-2009 | Proposition 64 in SoCal | IE Job Market Snapshot
2018 Spring Inland Empire Outlook – Trends and Challenges
– Amazon in the Inland Empire | Vergara v. California: Educational Equality in CA | Poverty and Special Education Placement | California’s $15 Minimum Wage
2017 Spring Inland Empire Outlook – We Remember
– California’s Many and Varied Attacks | A Coordinated Response: Law Enforcement Response to the San Bernardino Attack | Emergency Medical Response | Legislative Responses to Terrorism: California’s History
2016 Fall Inland Empire Outlook – Decision 2016
– A Guide to California Ballot Measures | Local Control Funding Formula | Employment in the Inland Empire | Prop 58 and Bilingual Education | Robust Renewables
2015 Spring Inland Empire Outlook – Inland Innovation
–Body Cameras | Six Degrees of (State) Separation | Human Capital Index for the IE | Riverside Renaissance
2014 Fall Inland Empire Outlook – Inland Empire Challenges
– San Bernardino: Two Years into Bankruptcy | Ignition…Lift Off? | Tough Start for IE’s Newest Cities | Continued Recovery or the Next Recession?
2014 Spring Inland Empire Outlook – Big Changes for Corrections
– Prison Realignment | Recovery Gap | Life is a Crowded Highway | Water in the IE
2013 Fall Inland Empire Outlook – Clouds on the Horizon
– Pension Liabilities | Raising Minimum Wages and Teens | Stuck in Second Gear | Colton Crossing: Public-Private Partnerships
2012 Fall Inland Empire Outlook – Sober News from San Bernardino
– Municipal Bankruptcy | Real GDP at MSA Level | Housing Market Signs of Recovery | Changes in the Air at ONT | Council of Governments: SANBAG and SCAG
2012 Spring Inland Empire Outlook – Solid Employment Gains
– IE Strikes Back (Economic Development) | Effective Councils of Government in the IE | Professional Football in SoCal? | Coachella Valley: Municipal Revenue Uptick
2011 Fall Inland Empire Outlook – Waiting For Recovery
– Unemployment | 2010 Census | New Maps, Big Changes | Great Recession: Not So Great Recovery | Contract Cities: An Alternative Model
2011 Spring Inland Empire Outlook – Working Toward A Recovery
– ONT: in Crisis and at a Crossroads | First Look at IE Census | Great Recession’s Impact | Renewable Energy’s Future | Redevelopment Authorities Under Fire | Stagnation and Recovery of the Housing Market
2010 Fall Inland Empire Outlook – Rebuilding After The Recession
– Great Recession: Toll on IE Jobs | How Exports Can Revive the IE Economy | New Medical School | IE District Poised to Elect Tea Party Candidate?
2010 Spring Inland Empire Outlook – Looking To The Long Term
– Economic Indicators | Riverside-An Innovative ‘Capital City’ | Trends in Commercial Real Estate | Recent Trends in Logistics | Agua Caliente Seeks to Diversify | IE State Legislative Races in 2010
2010 Winter Inland Empire Outlook – A Time Of Crisis And Of Promise
– Unemployment in the Great Recession | IE’s Macroeconomics | Housing Crisis Continues | Trade Gateway of SoCal | Ontario: The New Urban Center | Increased Population Means More Reps | Congressional Races to Watch in 2010 | Cost of (Census) Undercount