Economic and political analysis focusing on the Inland Empire.
Note: Each publication article, in blue, is in pdf and can be downloaded.
2019 Spring Inland Empire Outlook – Housing in the Inland Empire
IE Housing Market Snapshot; Choking California’s Housing Supply; SB 827: Down But Maybe Not Out; Rent Control
2018 Fall Inland Empire Outlook – Decision 2018
Video Voter Series: A Guide to Californi Ballot Measures; Time Served in State Prisons for Serious Offenses: 1981-2009; Proposition 64 in SoCal; IE Job Market Snapshot
2018 Spring Inland Empire Outlook – Trends and Challenges
– Amazon in the Inland Empire; Vergara v. California: Educational Equality in CA; Poverty and Special Education Placement; California’s $15 Minimum Wage
2017 Spring Inland Empire Outlook – We Remember
– California’s Many and Varied Attacks; A Coordinated Response: Law Enforcement Response to the San Bernardino Attack; Emergency Medical Response; Legislative Responses to Terrorism: California’s History
2015 Spring Inland Empire Outlook – Inland Innovation
–Body Cameras; Six Degrees of (State) Separation; Human Capital Index for the IE; Riverside Renaissance
2014 Fall Inland Empire Outlook – Inland Empire Challenges
– San Bernardino: Two Years into Bankruptcy; Ignition…Lift Off?; Tough Start for IE’s Newest Cities; Continued Recovery or the Next Recession?
2014 Spring Inland Empire Outlook – Big Changes for Corrections
– Prison Realignment; Recovery Gap; Life is a Crowded Highway; Water in the IE
2013 Fall Inland Empire Outlook – Clouds on the Horizon
– Pension Liabilities; Raising Minimum Wages and Teens; Stuck in Second Gear; Colton Crossing: Public-Private Partnerships
2012 Fall Inland Empire Outlook – Sober News from San Bernardino
– Municipal Bankruptcy; Real GDP at MSA Level; Housing Market Signs of Recovery; Changes in the Air at ONT; Council of Governments: SANBAG and SCAG
2012 Spring Inland Empire Outlook – Solid Employment Gains
– IE Strikes Back (Economic Development); Effective Councils of Government in the IE; Professional Football in SoCal?; Coachella Valley: Municipal Revenue Uptick
2011 Fall Inland Empire Outlook – Waiting For Recovery
– Unemployment; 2010 Census; New Maps, Big Changes; Great Recession: Not So Great Recovery; Contract Cities: An Alternative Model
2011 Spring Inland Empire Outlook – Working Toward A Recovery
– ONT: in Crisis and at a Crossroads; First Look at IE Census; Great Recession’s Impact; Renewable Energy’s Future; Redevelopment Authorities Under Fire; Stagnation and Recovery of the Housing Market
2010 Fall Inland Empire Outlook – Rebuilding After The Recession
– Great Recession: Toll on IE Jobs; How exports can revive the IE economy; New Medical School; IE District poised to Elect Tea Party Candidate?
2010 Spring Inland Empire Outlook – Looking To The Long Term
– Economic Indicators; Riverside-An Innovative ‘Capital City’; Trends in Commercial Real Estate; Recent Trends in Logistics; Agua Caliente Seeks to Diversify; IE State Legislative Races in 2010
2010 Winter Inland Empire Outlook – A Time Of Crisis And Of Promise
– Unemployment in the Great Recession; IE’s Macroeconomics; Housing Crisis Continues; Trade Gateway of SoCal; Ontario: The New Urban Center; Increased Population Means More Reps; Congressional Races to Watch in 2010; Cost of (Census) Undercount