- Show Me the Money: How City Budgets Work in Southern California (3/30/2015)
- Numerical Politics: State Revenue Estimating Processes and Lessons for California (2/12/2015)
- Rose Research Fellow Publishes Article in ‘California Journal of Politics and Policy’ (2/9/2015)
- Michael Barone Visits the Athenaeum (2/6/2015)
- Rose Institute Co-Hosts Michael Barone (1/26/2015)
- Tough Start for the Inland Empire’s Newest Cities (12/1/2014)
- San Bernardino: Two Years into Bankruptcy (12/1/2014)
- Rose Return: Alumni Speak to Students in First Alumni Roundtable (11/18/2014)
- Rose Institute Hosts Three Strikes Conference (11/12/2014)
- Dreier Roundtable: Immigration Policy for the 21st Century (11/12/2014)
Friday, October 24th 2014
Wednesday, Oct. 22 2014
Presents balanced and objective information to voters about upcoming California initiatives in short videos.
Provides information on all statewide initiatives adopted by voters in the United States from 1904 through 2013.
This annual survey collects and analyzes data on fees, taxes, costs, and incentives that contribute to the cost of doing business in cities in the western United States.
Every year, city councils create a budget based on their community goals. To better understand what drives different budgets among Southern California cities, the Rose Institute looks at the overall differences… read more →
Every year around January 10, California’s governor releases his proposed budget. This begins a months-long process in the legislature over how to allocate finite resources. In recent years, much of… read more →
“Winning from the Center: Frank Bigelow and California’s Nonpartisan Primary,” California Journal of Politics and Policy June 3, 2014 marked the second time that California has used the new top-two… read more →
On Thursday, February 5, 2015, the Rose Institute of State and Local Government and the Henry Salvatori Center for the Study of Freedom in the Modern World co-hosted a visit… read more →
American Politics 2015: Looking Forward Thursday, February 5, 2015 Marian Miner Cook Athenaeum Claremont McKenna College Reception at 5:30 p.m. Dinner served at 6:00 p.m. Presentation starts at 6:45 p.m.… read more →
Visit The Rose Report for more