2021 Redistricting: New Rules for California Local Governments
Date: Wednesday, April 15, 2020
Time: 8:00 – 4:00 PM
Breakfast and lunch are included in the registration fee of $100.
A full day of presentations and panel discussions by California experts on the redistricting process at the local level, applicable law (including new legal requirements for cities and counties), and best practices for local government agencies. Intended for city clerks, city attorneys, elected city officials, county officials, special district officials, and other individuals and organizations involved in the 2020 Census and subsequent redistricting (in 2021).
- Timeline, Outreach Rules, and Public Records Requirements
- Marguerite Leoni, J.D., Partner, Nielsen Merksamer
- Shalice Tilton, National Demographics Corporation
- Criteria for Redistricting
- Project Control: Direct, Advisory Commission, Independent Commission
- Luncheon Keynote Speaker: Angelo Ancheta, Chairman, California Redistricting Commission
- “Participatory Redistricting: Opportunities and Challenges in the Post-2020 Cycle”
- Engaging the Community
- Practical Lessons
- MCLE credit pending
- Other speakers/panelists pending
For sponsorship opportunities, please call 909-607-7572.